family

family

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Big Day for Kylah




Almost 2 weeks ago, Kylah bit into an apple and realized she had a loose tooth...her first one! 1 week and 1 day later, she pulled it out! She went to a slumber party at her friend Maya's, whose Mom is a dental hygienist, and my good gal pal, Aimee. She told Kylah to "twist it" rather than wiggle it front and back. As they were packing up to head to the superbowl party Aimee said she walked back to the car to get in and the kids were all saying "Kylah's tooth came out!"

When Kylah got to the gathering, she came over to see me and I immediately noticed her tooth was gone! I started yahooing and showing excitement over this big event and as I looked at the smile on her face I then realized she was crying! I immediately felt awful...hugged and kissed her to calm her down. I asked her if I scared her and she said "yes!" Future note to self...try not to get overly excited about big events with Kylah! I also think maybe she put on a brave face for her friends and then felt immediate comfort with me to "let go"! (or at least that makes me feel better than thinking i scared her)

This was such an exciting event. She tucked her little tooth under her pillow in anticipation of her first tooth fairy visit. The next morning when she woke, she came in to show us her $1 Sacajawea gold coin! Our little girl is growing up...the first big kid sign...losing teeth to grow her permanent ones. Happy Day Sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment