family

family

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Date Night

Here in the Wilskey house, I try really hard to have alone time with each child. Daily I get alone time with Kylah after I meet her at the bus and we wait for Jevan to get out of school. Sometimes we go to the library together, out to lunch, paint our nails, or go get coffee and vanilla milk.

It is harder to find alone time with Jevan. So, every now and again, he and I go on a date. He likes that it's called a "date", we have great conversations and at this point, I let him pick what we do. I hope that by us going on dates not only can I show him that I care about him to spend alone time with him, but over time I hope it teaches him about dates, how to treat a lady, etc. (I know, i'm always tying in a "lesson")

So, Friday night arrived and it was time for our date! Jevan had saved a little money and was looking for a specific book to help him with one of his video games. So, we headed to game stop to see if they had the book. Close to game stop is Port of Subs, so that was his dinner of choice...pepperoni/salami sandwich on white bread, dry. mmm mmm. While we were eating we talked about school, friends and the 2 boys outside the window who were chucking their action figures into the air almost hitting people passing by with no parent around. His comment, " Ok, those boys are funny, but making really poor choices!"

We talked about what else we wanted to do since he couldn't find the book at game stop. He talked about getting a game instead but wasn't quite sure which one so we decided to go to Reset games which is fun because you can try out different games. They have 5-6 big chairs with screens and game consoles, you tell em which game and they hook it up and you can play. So, he tried a few. He couldn't really decide on one though so we decided to go to Best Buy because we had heard they have game books there also. Well, they didn't have it, so he decided on a marble game instead.

We decided to head home and end our date, partially due to the excitement of wantinig to try out the new game and part because it was almost 9. On the way home he said, "Mom, I love date night, I'll go on dates with you anytime!"

No comments:

Post a Comment