


Wow, 9 years ago today I arrived at St. Joseph hospital shortly after 3:30am. My water had broken about an hour before, my parents and sister had just left the evening before after spending the weekend with us "waiting". Upon arrival they checked me and I was 6 cm dialated. They were getting the room ready, called our doctor...we, too, had made phone calls to my parents, Rick's family and my sister.
We got into our room and the nurse asked if I wanted something to make me more comfortable. I told her I wasn't sure so she started the process to get an IV in my hand. As she was prepping, I started breathing so fast that I couldn't catch my breath. I kept saying, "I can't breathe, I can't catch my breath"...then realized I was bearing down because of the urge to push. The nurse stopped what she was doing, checked me and I was at 10 and his head was "right there".
Dr. Arvin walked in, sat down and within what seemed like 5 minutes (about 3 pushes), our beautiful boy arrived at 4:38am! He weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19 inches long. He was very red after the speed of delivery, but healthy and we were so happy! We called families, my parents were waiting to catch the first ferry and my sister was south of Bellingham, she missed it by about 1/2 hour. Rick's family had just arrived at the hospital.
I am so thankful for this boy in my life. He is now just as sweet as that day, sometimes just as red (when he gets upset or cries)! He is smart, gentle, has a genuine concern for others and is seriously focused. He is a gamer, a "techie" as he likes to say...enjoys his legos, building things. He makes some of the most amazing things! He likes school, math is his favorite subject. He will still snuggle with me, and we can talk about anything. Happy Birthday Jevan, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment