family

family

Monday, August 31, 2009

The Rental

We have officially named it, The Rental. The kids even...will say...are we going back to "the rental"? ha ha, we just don't want it to be permanent so calling it "home" doesn't seem right. It's a funky little place, unique in it's design, but functional for us at this time. The kids are enjoying it and we are grateful for all the help from family and friends. Even though it isn't a permanent situation, The Rental does bring it's perks. For example, we have seen a family of deer wander through the yard each day, the baby even came up to the back door! I enjoyed my first bubble bath in the master tub tonight and even managed to read an entire magazine! What a treat! :) We do have the peace and quiet of being alone, beautiful trees and a gorgeous drive along Lake Whatcom to get here. We will enjoy the adventure while it lasts!

The kids are getting excited for school to start. We find out Friday which teachers they will have. Kylah is tolerating her thyroid and heart medicine. She has, however, broken out into a terrible skin rash...due to allergies at The Rental, I believe. She gets her heartrate/bp checked Thursday in hopes of stopping the heart med. We will see!

I will have my first day with the preschoolers on Monday, the 14th. I can now focus on work a little bit too, a nice brain change.

No comments:

Post a Comment