While Kylah was spending time with her Nam, Jevan and I decided to go hang out together at his favorite game store, get his haircut and get coffee/chocolate milk while picking up a bday present. I always enjoy time alone with each child and the car is a place we have some of our best conversations! The first one started with,
"Mom, I wonder what heaven looks like." "I'm not sure what made me think of that, but i wonder." We talked about GG (Rick's Grandma who died a few years ago), he wanted to know how old she was when she died because he was figuring out her birthday in heaven.
"She would be like 3 or 4 in heaven." "Mom, the oldest guy is like 115, I saw that on the news."
(me)"Wow" "I hope i live that long."
(jevan) "Me too" "If you smoke cigarettes or do drugs, you won't live as long."
(me)"I know"
(jevan) "I'm never going to smoke cigarettes or do drugs so i can live a long time." "and when i get older i'm going to make signs that say DO NOT SMOKE or DO DRUGS or you will die sooner and post them up around town. " I told him I would remind him of that when he is older and he expressed some concern about me being 10 years older and whether i would remember to remind him! So, people...in 10 years, let's remind me first of all, that I need to remind him to make those signs! :) I can only hope that he will have the same attitude as he does now. He is so sweet, we really enjoyed our time together!
Kylah has been known to wake up in the night, wander around...half asleep, half awake, totally asleep, sometimes it is hard to tell. Well, the other night, Rick and I were up late (11:00)watching some shows we had recorded on tv. We heard a noise, looked up towards her room and she was laying at the top of the stairs, asleep!
Today she was invited with her Nammy to learn how to bead from a good friend of Nammy's, Mary Ann. She spent most of the day with her, eating pizza and learning to bead. She had a ton of fun, was excited to learn something new and did a good job! Her work is in progress, so she will get to spend more time with Nam and Mary Ann finishing her project! She was excited to show us the pictures and tell us about the process! I'm glad she had something special to do on her own! Thanks Nam! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment